This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with Syminet, LLC ("Syminet"). If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document, Syminet may suspend or terminate your account.
Syminet's Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for Syminet Services is designed to help protect Syminet, Syminet's customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by Syminet. Syminet reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at https://syminet.com/aup
Prohibited Uses of Syminet Systems and Services:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Syminet's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on Syminet's servers, is prohibited. Syminet accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Syminet customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any Syminet-hosted domain, or referencing any Syminet account, is expressly prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROSKO) database at https://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Syminet customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the Syminet network or on another provider's network.
- Using Syminet's Services to interfere with the use of the Syminet network by other customers or authorized users.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users
Each Syminet customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from Syminet, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of a Syminet customer will be forwarded to the Syminet customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the Syminet Acceptable Use Policy occur, Syminet reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating Syminet's AUP as Syminet deems appropriate, without notice.
The purpose of this Acceptable Use Policy is to enhance the quality of the Services and to protect Syminet customers, and the Internet community as a whole, from illegal, irresponsible, or disruptive Internet activities. This Policy applies to each Customer and its employees, agents, contractors or other users of such Customer who obtain Services from Syminet. Each User should use common sense and good judgment in connection with the Services.
I. Prohibited Uses
- Utilize the Services to send mass unsolicited e-mail to third parties.
- Utilize the Services in connection with any illegal activity. Without limiting the general application of this rule, Users may not:
- Utilize the Services to copy material from third parties (including text, graphics, music, videos or other copyrightable material) without proper authorization.
- Utilize the Services to misappropriate or infringe the patents, copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Utilize the Services to traffic in illegal drugs, illegal gambling, obscene materials or other any products or services that are prohibited under applicable law.
- Utilize the Services in any manner that violates applicable law.
- Utilize the Services in connection with any tortious or actionable activity. Without limiting the general application of this rule, Users may not:
- Utilize the Services to publish or disseminate information that
- constitutes slander, libel or defamation,
- publicizes the personal information or likeness of a person without that person's consent or
- otherwise violates the privacy rights of any person.
- Utilize the Services to threaten persons with bodily harm, to make harassing or abusive statements or messages, or to solicit the performance of acts or services that are illegal under applicable law.
- Utilize the Services in connection with any other disruptive or abusive activity. Without limiting the general application of this rule, Users may not:
- Utilize the Services to cause denial of service attacks against Syminet or other network hosts or Internet users or to otherwise degrade or impair the operation of Syminet servers and facilities or the servers and facilities of other network hosts or Internet users.
- Utilize the Services to subvert, or assist others in subverting, the security or integrity of any Syminet systems, facilities or equipment.
- Utilize the Services to gain unauthorized access to the computer networks of Syminet or any other person.
- Utilize the Services to provide passwords or access codes to persons not authorized to receive such materials by the operator of the system requiring the password or access code.
- Utilize the Services to
- forge the signature or other identifying mark or code of any other person,
- impersonate or assume the identity or any other person, or
- engage in any other activity (including "spoofing") to attempt to deceive or mislead other persons regarding the true identity of the User (excluding the use of anonymous remailer or Internet nicknames).
- Utilize the Services to distribute or post any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or computer code intended to disrupt services, destroy data, destroy or damage equipment, or disrupt the operation of the Services.
- Utilize the Services to conduct port scans or other invasive procedures against any server (except any server for which the User is an authorized system administrator).
- Utilize the Services to distribute, advertise or promote software or services that have the primary purpose of encouraging or facilitating unsolicited commercial e-mail or spam.
- Utilize the Services to solicit or collect, or distribute, advertise or promote, e-mail address lists for the purpose of encouraging or facilitating unsolicited commercial e-mail or spam.
- Syminet has no restrictions on contents. Adult materials, MP3s, games, and audio/video streaming are permitted. However, customers are strictly prohibited from using egg-drops, IRC bots, warez materials and shell hosting services on Syminet regular network. IRC BOT controllers are not allowed on both networks.
- Utilize the Services in any other manner to interrupt or interfere with the Internet usage of other persons.
- Syminet expressly disclaims any obligation to monitor its Customers and other Users with respect to violations of this Policy. Syminet has no liability or responsibility for the actions of any of its Customers or other Users or any content any User may post on any Web site.
- Reporting Non-Copyright Violations. Syminet encourages Users to report violations of this policy by e-mail to: email@example.com, including in any such report the name of the offending domain and the type of abuse (i.e. spam, illegal acts, harassment, etc.) in the "subject" field of the e-mail.
- Reporting Copyright Violations. Syminet complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). Syminet encourages Users to report an alleged copyright infringement involving a user by sending a notice to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If Syminet learns of a violation of this Policy, we will respond to the customer and may, in our sole discretion, take any of the following actions, in accordance with the severity and duration of the violation:
- Warning the Customer.
- Suspending the offending Customer from the Services.
- Terminating the offending Customer from the Services.
- Imposing fees or charges on the offending Customer account in accordance with the applicable service contract.
- Removing the offending content.
- Taking other action in accordance with this Policy, the applicable service contract or applicable law.
- Each customer is required to utilize available network bandwidth so as to allow for reasonable network performance by all Syminet users. Because bandwidth is a shared resource, excessive consumption of network bandwidth can interfere with or completely prevent normal network performance for other servers. Persistent, high-volume use of bandwidth-intensive tools and applications can and does prevent other users from being able to access the network.
III. Reservation of Rights
Syminet reserves the right to cooperate with appropriate legal authorities in investigations of claims of illegal activity involving Syminet Services, Customers and other Users. Syminet reserves all other rights to respond to violations of this Policy to the extent of applicable law and in accordance with any applicable contractual obligations.