This Service Agreement governs customer's purchase and use, in any manner, of all services, including Cloud, Dedicated, Managed and Shared Hosting, as described in the Order Form, ordered by customer and accepted by Syminet and describes the terms and conditions that apply to such purchase and use of the Services.
Syminet reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, the Addendum and any policy or guideline incorporated by reference at any time and from time to time in its sole discretion, and to determine whether and when any such changes apply to both existing or future customers. Any modification will be effective upon posting of the revisions on our site.
Syminet may post changes or modifications to referenced policies and guidelines without notice to you. Your continued use of the Services following Syminet posting of any changes or modifications will constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications. IF CUSTOMER DOES NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF ANY MODIFICATION, DO NOT CONTINUE TO USE THE SERVICES AND IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY SYMINET OF YOUR TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT IN THE MANNER DESCRIBED BELOW.
I. Registration & Payment
- This Agreement shall be for an "Initial Term" of thirty (30) days for all services -- including Cloud, Dedicated, Managed and Shared Hosting. Customer agrees to all terms and conditions of services provided by Syminet, beginning upon receipt by fax, e-mail, or express mail.
- All charges for Services (including installation and professional support fees) are non-refundable and must be paid in advance according to the then current price applicable to the Services. Upon registration for Cloud, Dedicated, Managed and Shared hosting, customer must choose to pay for the Services either by credit card or upon your receipt of an invoice. If customer chooses to pay by credit card upon registering for Hosting services, customer thereby authorizes Syminet to charge your credit or debit card to pay for any charges that may apply to your account. Customer agrees that Syminet may accumulate any supplemental charges, as described in the Order Form, incurred by you in your use of the Services ("Supplemental Charges") until such charges exceed $20 and then charge your card. Customer must notify Syminet of any changes to your card account (including, without limitation, applicable account number or cancellation or expiration of the account), your billing address, or any information that may prohibit Syminet from charging your account.
- Syminet may also send periodic invoices to customer for any applicable Charges associated with your use of the Services. Customer agrees to pay to Syminet the amount indicated in each invoice by the due date reflected on the invoice. If the due date is "Due on receipt", then the due date is the 1st of the month for the period of service the payment is for, as reflected in the item description on the invoice. If customer fails to fully pay all fees and taxes within twenty-one (21) days after the applicable due date, this will be deemed a material breach of this Agreement, justifying Syminet suspension of its performance of the Services and/or termination of this Agreement. Customer is responsible for any fees associated with reinstatement of Services.
- This Agreement will be automatically renewed (the "Renewal Term") at the end of the Initial Term for the same period as the Initial Term unless you provide Syminet with notice of termination either
- at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of the Initial Term, or
- the Renewal Term, whichever is then applicable.
- Initial payment is due upon activation of account. Activation takes effect on the date of receipt of payment, and will be renewed automatically for identical successive periods. Any changes made to the customer's package shall be billed accordingly.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by Syminet. An order will be deemed accepted by our company when confirmation of the order is sent to the customer. We may refuse to accept any order, or delay acceptance awaiting completion of conditions the company may choose to exercise. Such refusal of such conditions may not be unreasonable, however, and Syminet agrees to provide the customer with reasonable notice by E-mail or fax of any intent to delay or decline the acceptance of any order.
- Syminet reserves the right to suspend the customer's account and services without notice should there be any problems with the customers method of payment. This includes expired credit cards, declined credit cards, inactive credit cards, and invalid checks.
- Bandwidth utilization will be monitored via Cacti and calculated by the following method:
Monthly Avg. In + Monthly Avg. Out / 8 Bits x 60 seconds x 60 minutes x 24 hours x 30.5 days = Total Data Transfer (GB).
- Customer will be responsible for all server management and administration related issues. Available managed services include: OS restore, software installation, hardware installation, kernel / webserver recompiles, and security updates (patches). Standard service tickets will be processed within 1-3 days. Fees for managed services are charged at $75 per hour. For priority (immediate) services, professional (remote hand) support is available at $75.00 per hour with a one (1) hour minimum requirement.
- Syminet reserves the right to levy a penalty fee of $40.00 per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy and Service Agreement.
- Each port is set at 1000Mbps. In the event of over-usage, customers will incurred a fee of $0.05 / 1GB for the aforementioned server.
- In accordance with ARIN guidlines, each server is allocated with 1 IP address.
- Each customer is required to utilize available network bandwidth so as to allow for reasonable network performance by all Syminet users. Because bandwidth is a shared resource, excessive consumption of network bandwidth can interfere with or completely prevent normal network performance for other servers. Persistent, high-volume use of bandwidth-intensive tools and applications can and does prevent other users from being able to access the network.
- Syminet shall not be liable for any taxes or other fees to be paid in accordance with or related to purchases made from the customer or Syminet Servers. Customer also agrees to take full responsibility for all taxes and fees of any nature associated with any such products sold.
III. Material & Products
- Syminet will exercise no control whatsoever over the content of the information passing through the network or on the customer's web sites. Syminet makes no warranties or guarantees of any kind, whether expressed or implied for the service it is providing. Syminet also disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose and will not be responsible for any damages that may be suffered by the customer, including loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries or service interruptions or gaps by any cause or errors or omissions of the customer. Syminet is not responsible for any loss, erasure, or corruption of customer's data or files whatsoever.
Use of any information obtained by way of Syminet is at the customer's own risk, and the company specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through its services. Network connectivity represents the speed of connection to our network and does not represent guarantees of available end to end bandwidth.
- Syminet expressly limits its damages to the customer for any non-accessibility time or other down time to the pro-rate monthly charge during the system unavailability. Syminet specifically denies any responsibilities for any damages arising from a consequence of such unavailability. In the event that this material is not "server-ready", Syminet may, at its option and at any time, reject this material, including but not limited to after it has been put on our servers.
Syminet agrees to notify customer immediately of our refusal of the material and afford customer the opportunity to amend or modify the material to satisfy the needs and/or requirements of the company. If the customer fails to modify the material, as directed by Syminet, within a reasonable period of time, which shall be determined between the parties themselves, the Agreement shall be terminated.
IV. Uptime Guarantee
- Syminet guarantees that our network will be available 99.9% (no more than 45 minutes) of the time in a given month excluding scheduled maintenance. In the event that our network is inaccessible for more than two hours during any thirty (30) days period, each customer will, upon request, be granted a credit for one day of service (monthly rate / 30) for each minute therafter, to a maximum of thirty days.
Network uptime includes functioning of all network infrastructure including routers, switches and cabling. Network downtime exists when a particular customer is unable to transmit and receive data and Syminet records such failure in the Syminet trouble ticket system. Network downtime is measured from the time the trouble ticket is opened by a customer to the time the server is once again able to transmit and receive data.
V. Warranties & Representations
- Customer warrants, represents, and covenants to Syminet that
- you are at least eighteen (18) years of age;
- you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement;
- you will use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with this Agreement and all applicable policies and guidelines;
- you will be financially responsible for the use of your account;
- you have acquired or will acquire all authorizations necessary for hypertext links to third-party Web sites or other content;
- you have verified or will verify the accuracy of materials distributed or made available for distribution via the Services, including, without limitation, your content, descriptive claims, warranties, guarantees, nature of business, and address where business is conducted, and
- your content does not and will not infringe or violate any right of any third party (including any intellectual property rights) or violate any applicable law, regulation or ordinance.
VI. Trademarks & Copyrights
- Customer warrants that it has the right to use the applicable trademarks, if any.
- Syminet may request the right to use such trademarks in connection with our service.
- Customer will review such a request promptly, and not unreasonably withhold such permission.
- This Agreement may be terminated by Syminet, without cause and without notice to the other party, in the event that Syminet believes, in its sole discretion, that continuing to provide service to such party would be harmful to the business or reputation of Syminet.
In such event, Syminet will have no liability to the other party. Furthermore, Syminet may terminate the service under this Agreement at any time, without penalty, if the customer fails to comply with the terms of this Agreement. It is the customer's responsibility to point your domain to another service provider upon termination, cancellation or discontinuation of service.
VIII. Limited Liability
- Customer expressly agrees that use of Syminet Servers is at customer's sole risk. Neither the company, its employees, agents, resellers, third party information providers, merchants licensers or the like, warrant that Syminet service will not be interrupted or be error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that might be obtained from the use of the Server service or as to the accuracy, or reliability of any information service or merchandise contained in or provided through our network, unless otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement. Customer also acknowledge and accept that any damages will be limited to no more than 100% of the previous month's invoice.
- Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall Syminet, its officers, agents or any one else be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use our service; or that results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation, or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not limited to acts of God, communication failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to Syminet records, programs or services. Customer hereby acknowledges that this paragraph shall apply to all contents on all servers.
- Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold Syminet harmless from any demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorneys fees, ("Liabilities") asserted against the company, its agents, its customers, servants officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by the customer, its agents, employees or assigns. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Syminet against Liabilities arising out of
- any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with our servers;
- any material supplied by the customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party;
- copyright infringement and
- any defective product which customer sold on Syminet servers.
X. Partial Invalidity
- If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the remaining provisions shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect. Syminet and Customer agree to renegotiate in good faith any term held invalid and to be bound by mutually agreed substitute provision.
- Customer acknowledges that by reason of their relationship, both customer and Syminet may have access to certain products, information and materials relating to the other party's business, which may include business plans, customers, software technology, and marketing plans that are confidential and of substantial value to either party, respectively, and which value would be impaired if such information were disclosed to third parties.
Consequently, both Syminet and customer agree that it will not use in any way for its own account or for the account of any third party, nor disclose to any third party, any such information revealed to it by either party, as the case may be.
Customer and Syminet further agree that it will take every appropriate precaution to protect the confidentiality of such information. In the event of termination of this agreement, there shall be no use or disclosure by either party of any such confidential information in its possession, and all confidential documents shall be returned to the rightful owner, or destroyed. The provisions of this section shall survive the termination of the agreement for any reason. Upon any breach or threatened breach of this section, either party shall be entitled to injunctive relief, which relief will not be contested by the customer or Syminet.
- Except with respect to service of process as set forth in paragraph, all notices may be sent by e-mail, fax, or express mail to the e-mail address, fax number, or address most recently provided and will be effective upon transmission. Evidence of successful transmission shall be retained.